Many dental materials contain various metals, from mercury to aluminum, copper to nickel, silver to gold, and now titanium being used in implants, are being used around the globe.
All of these metals break down in the oral cavity and can translocate to various parts of the body, far from the mouth. Mercury in dental amalgams is one of the most common, as well as one of the most toxic of these materials. Mercury toxicity has been linked with a plethora of diseases, and yet, this toxic material is still promoted as a “safe and effective restorative material”, by the industry. Some of the diseases that have been linked to mercury in dental amalgam are: Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), various autoimmune/inflammatory diseases, chronic fatigue, syndrome, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease. (SOURCE)